How to use Nordic poles
Nordic Walking uses specially designed poles – not to be confused with trekking poles – to enhance your natural walking experience. With a technique that is similar to the upper body action of classic cross-country skiing, Nordic Walking is a genuinely whole body exercise that can be enjoyed at many levels, at low, medium or high
For those with persistent back pain, slightly flex forward your back posture to open up the space in your spine, this will help improve walking intensity.
- Burn around 20% more calories compared to walking without poles.
- Release tension in your neck and shoulders.
- Improve your posture and gait.
- Strengthen your back and abdominal muscles.
- Reduce the impact on your joints.